Calling all amateur photographers, snappers and shutterbugs!
Do you have a Digital SLR camera? A passion for nature? Always wanted to try your hand at wildlife photography?
DRAYTON MANOR ZOO has teamed up with ROB PRICE PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIOS to bring you an experience you’re not likely to forget!
New for 2013, Now is your chance to finally get up close to the fascinating wildlife at DRAYTON MANOR ZOO and partake in our WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY DSLR COURSE.
REPTILES, MEERKATS, BIG CATS, MONKEYS, LEMURS, OWLS, PARROTS, FLAMINGOS, EMU, OSTRICH, TAPIR, REINDEER, TIGER, PARROTS, CRANES AND BRIDS
There’s so much to shoot, not to mention you’ll be getting access to areas otherwise off limits to the general public:
· Go on a Capybara safari!
· Stand amongst beautiful parrots in the lush aviaries
· Make friends with an Ostrich
· Try some stunning close-ups of some really big creepy crawlies
And lots, lots more!
With a full day course you’ll get plenty of opportunity to flex your shutter-finger and create some outstanding images.
Need some help? Don’t worry. If getting closer than you’ve ever been wasn’t good enough we’re also going to give you expert tuition on how to use your camera!
Nikon, Canon, Sony, Olympus. As long as you have a digital SLR it doesn’t matter. Our award-winning photographer from ROB PRICE PHOTOGRAPHY will take you through the correct use of your camera. By the end of the day you’ll be taking your camera off Auto Mode and shooting perfect images like a pro! Images that you’ve been in total control of!
Your instructor will not only guide you through the use of your camera, but on the art of photography, composition, exposure and the best ways to get perfect images of the various species we encounter. They’ll be on hand all day to offer tips and advice to help you achieve incredible results!
At the end of the day you’ll be showcasing your work with fellow beginners and get awarded a certificate of course completion. Not to mention a full colour 30 page guide on what you’ve learned to keep and use in the future, for when you return to perfect your skills!
What will you need?
· A digital SLR. We wont be using compacts on this course so bring along your DSLR and camera manual.
· Don’t forget Lenses! For wildlife photography we’re going to be getting close, but not invading the animals space. That’s why you’ll need a telephoto lens (i.e anything with a focal length of 100-400 mm) If you’ve got a macro lens (something good for close up photography) then bring that too!
· A camera bag, you’ll be taking your equipment around with you so make sure you’ve got something to hold it all.
· A tripod. This is a must for when you’re working at longer distances or for darker environments such as the reptile house.
· A raincoat/waterproof, in case it gets rainy
Need any equipment? We’ve teamed up with the guys at THE FLASH CENTRE (http://www.theflashcentre.com) in Birmingham to get you some great deals and discounts on equipment hire. No need to pick it up! It’ll be there ready and waiting for you on the day!
15% on any lens hire with no deposit required!
Check out what they’ve got for you at http://www.theflashcentre.com
On the day
The course will last 5 hours with an hour lunch break (9.00am -2.00pm)
· Start off in the classroom and we’ll show you how to use your camera, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, composition; we’ll cover it all. We’ll also look at examples taken in the park so you’ll know what you can achieve.
· Start to put what you’ve learned to use straight away. With practical lessons utilising your new skills we’ll discover the tricks to properly photographing some of your favourite animals. The instructor will always be on hand to help.
· Fuelled up, you’ll be ready to continue, we’ll pick up the park keeper who will be able to take us into the beautiful enclosures. Here you’ll really get the chance to get images that look like they’ve been shot in the wild. You’ll be putting it all together now and be in total control of your shots.
· Back in the classroom to review what you’ve shot on the big screen. Tips and advice on where you could have improved and pats on the back for your killer shots! We’ll also award you a certificate for completing and you’ll get more chance to ask any final questions.
Phone 01827 314347 or 01827 230333 to book your place now!
In association with