British Science Week - Exclusive Home Educators Day
Thursday 14th March
Unfortunately, due to inclement weather, we have had to take the difficult decision to reschedule our British Science Week Home Educators Day to 10th September 2019. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
If you haven’t yet spoken to a member of our call centre team, please call us on 01827 287979 to rearrange your booking.
Come and join us as we celebrate British Science Week here at Drayton Manor Zoo.
We are opening our 15-acre zoo up to Home Educators, for a day full of ultimate science fun including slime, quizzes, learning stalls and so much more.
Activities will include:
- Zoo access from 10:00am-2:30pm. See over 100 animal species in our 15-acre zoo.
- Zoo Keeper Talks throughout the day
- Free of charge learning stalls (book on arrival, first come first served – max 2 per child)
- Animal games – Play games with new friends (4-7 years)
- Slime Lab – Children will get to make their own slime (7-11 years)
- Where do I live – Habitats (4-7 years)
- Evolution – What is evolution? (7-11 years)
- Carnivore, Herbivore or Omnivore? (4-7 years)
- Anatomy – A look into animal skeleton structure and anatomy (7-11 years)
- Dinosaur Fossil Hunts – Hunt for fossils like a real palaeontologist (4-7 years)
- Camouflaged Animals – Can you find the animals? (7-11 years)
- A free activity pack is available to collect on arrival for you to complete in our zoo
- Access to the following attractions- Spencer’s Play Area, Dino Trail and Bryan’s Museum.
- Mrs Kyndley’s café will be open 11.00-2.00 pm for hot drinks and light snacks (no other food outlets will be open)
Activities are weather dependent
All this for just £6 per person (Aged 4+ including adults), or £3 per 2-3 year old, under 2’s Free
To book – call 01827 287979 option 1
For additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only a limited number of tickets are available per day. Payment must be made in advance and no refunds are available for unused tickets. Activities are weather dependent and are subject to change. The ages suggested above are a guide only and it is advised younger/older siblings do not attend the activities. However, we understand that this may be unavoidable, so please speak to our staff on arrival. Learning stalls will last between 30-45 minutes. Some activities will run at the same time, please check on arrival. There is no access to the theme park or Thomas Land. Mrs Kyndley’s Café only serves drinks and light snacks