We are seeking an experienced Senior Sous Chef to join our kitchen team! As Senior Sous Chef you will work across all areas of the kitchen and confidently manage the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence. You will be involved in a range of duties including fresh food preparation, embracing our food culture and assisting in designing changing menus, setting and reviewing GPs, payroll budgets, ordering, stock control as well as development of the team, food safety and cleaning standards and audits.
You will be a chef with a passion for modern menu design and must have excellent people skills and the ability to develop, train and inspire a team.
We aim to provide a great work life balance with guaranteed weekends off (on rota basis).
If you’re looking for an environment that covers hotel service, restaurant service through to large scale conference and events and where you can give something back in experience to the junior members of the team then this is the role for you and we are keen to hear from you – even if it’s just to talk about the role in more detail.
• 30 days holiday per year (inc. statutory)
• Allocation of theme park tickets for friends and family
• Onsite restaurant and retail discounts
• Free onsite parking
• BHSF employee assistance programme – giving access to health plans, employee assistance and range of retail discounts
• Chef’s whites provided (laundered)
The successful candidate will have experience at Junior Sous level (or above) within a similar operation along with the following experience/skills: -
• Experience in delivering volume to consistently high standards
• Background of working all kitchen sections within a busy quality hotel
• Mentoring and developing brigade members
• Hardworking and confident approach in what you do and portray this in your leadership style
• It goes without saying you must be passionate about food, development and standards!