Do you have a passion for being a Chef but have lost the passion for long hours and frequent unsociable working hours? Are you looking for a flexible employer who can create a working pattern that suits you? Maybe you are looking to work three days (or four or five!) – want to create your own working hours contract - come and talk to us.
We aim to provide a great work life balance with guaranteed weekends off (on rota basis).
If you’re ready to take the next step up in the brigade and where you can give something back in experience to the junior members of the team then this is the role for you.
As Sous Chef you will work across all areas of the kitchen and confidently manage the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence. Our Sous Chefs are involved in a range of duties including fresh food preparation, embracing our food culture and assisting in designing changing menus, setting and reviewing GPs, payroll budgets, ordering, stock control as well as development of the team, food safety and cleaning standards and audits.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have experience at Junior Sous level (or above) within a similar operation along with the following experience/skills: -
• Experience in delivering volume to consistently high standards
• Background of working all kitchen sections within a busy quality hotel
• Mentoring and developing brigade members
• Hardworking and confident approach in what you do and portray this in your leadership style
• It goes without saying you must be passionate about food, development and standards!
• 30 days holiday per year (inc. statutory)
• Allocation of theme park tickets for friends and family
• Onsite restaurant and retail discounts
• Free onsite parking
• BHSF employee assistance programme – giving access to health plans, employee assistance and range of retail discounts
• Chef’s whites provided (laundered)
Vacancy will remain open until post is filled.