Drayton Manor Hotel is excited to welcome Katie Henney, who joined earlier this spring, as Wedding & Special Events Co-ordinator.
5 Things you didn’t know about Katie…
- Before becoming a Wedding Co-ordinator at Drayton Manor, she used to plan and organise weddings abroad for a major UK Travel Company.
- She had a house makeover done on TV.
- She likes to explore new destinations when travelling on holiday.
- She is a Game of Thrones fanatic.
- Her friends and family like to call her ‘Hen’.
Katie is already getting ahead of the wedding fashion and enjoys spending her time researching the very best in wedding offerings with the help of Pinterest images and the latest online publications.
Katie loves looking up the latest trends and mentions that her favourite at the moment is ‘Metallic Colour Themes’. She also likes ‘plenty of shimmer and shine’. Katie comments that ‘Brides are finding new and exciting ways to incorporate metallic colours into their big day’.
Here are some of Katie’s Top Tips for wedding planning: “Take it one Step at a Time”.
“An easy way to add that bit of sparkle to you table is to collect bottles or jars to spray with glitter and fill with flowers”.
“A great way to light up the room is to purchase sequined material and create your own table runners for the centre of each table”.
“Hire light up LOVE Letters to lift the room during your evening reception”.
To get creative why not: ‘create a wedding planning schedule and do things one by one so that you don’t take on too much too fast. It’s easy to become overwhelmed so only book your suppliers once your date has been confirmed’.
We asked Katie what is the best thing about being a Wedding Co-ordinator? Katie eagerly replied with, ‘providing support and reassurance during what can be, an overwhelming time for a couple can be incredibly rewarding. Helping to create a special and memorable experience at such a romantic time is often the best thing about being a Wedding Co-ordinator’.
We wanted to delve a little deeper and here are some interesting stats from Katie:
- There will be up to 60 weddings taking place at Drayton Manor Hotel during 2016. That means meeting, planning and organising the wedding from start to finish with up to 60 different Brides & Grooms.
- The Park View Suite is the most popular room for weddings at the Drayton Manor Hotel. With its floor to ceiling windows looking out over the acres of parkland, this room really does provide the perfect backdrop for your big day.
- Drayton Manor Hotel are already taking bookings for weddings in 2018.
If you would like to find out more about Katie and how she plan’s weddings at Drayton Manor Hotel please email her on email@example.com or call her directly on 01827 255995. For full information about Drayton Manor Hotel’s wedding offerings please click here: http://draytonmanorhotel.com/weddings